Another Year, Another Tiramisu



This is the first tiramisu of the year. Although it wasn't too long ago that I made Baileys tiramisu, but oh well, it's another year and tiramisu is a perfect start to a new year.

This was actually a request from a friend for a birthday, so I had no choice and I didn't get to argue or persuade her to request something else :). I guess I do enjoy making tiramisu as it is easy to make, tastes good, and make the house smells like coffee and rum, hmm....

The cake in the picture here was actually made with leftover tiramisu cream from the big cake. I didn't get to take a picture of the big cake because it was so... last minute. The person was almost arrived at my house before the cake was done. Good thing it finished just in the nick of time that she didn't have to wait and watch me decorate it, that would be a nightmare in any way. So yeah, too bad although it was not that special, it's still square, brown colored, chocolate fence, ribbon, gold dragees, textured sheet cake, but I would really like to remember what I made a few years from now :)



But at least I got this picture here. I had some leftover cream and there's no way that it was going to waste. Worst case, I probably going to freeze it, but fortunately, I had some chocolate sponge cake that I then drenched it in the coffee-rum mixture and I had been dying to try one of my newest baking tool collections :D. I used what's called cake transfer sheet. It is basically a textured mold made from clear plastic, about 1.5" high. I did have some difficulties unmolding it after taking it out from the freezer (I have to freeze it before unmolding), but it works great afterall. I used the leftover chocolate squares from the big cake. I used my arabesques chocolate textured-sheet for this one. I'm starting to really like putting gold dragees on top of tiramisu. I think it makes the cake looks elegant :D, but it's just me though :)


4 comments:

Deana Sidney said...

It looks like a cocoa tidal wave... great photo and wonderful cake!!!

Carsten said...

Hi Bertha, I didn't know how to contact you so I left a comment here. I like to invite you to http://www.tasteandshare.com, a food & wine social network, where you can share photos, videos and a link to your own blog.

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one missing the recipe here?

Amrita said...

Oh beautiful! I love all your creations....and they always make me a little envious considering how clumsy I am with baking! Yummy!