2013 has been the most eventful year for me, the busiest, and very exciting! If you read my previous post, you will know that I got engaged, was going to get married, was planning to go back to Indonesia for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary and my own wedding, honeymoon, etc. Well, I am back, have been back for about 2.5 months and still couldn't believe that all those really happened.
|Our wedding chapel overlooking the Indian ocean|
|Our wedding venue is on the clifftop overlooking the ocean|
|My most frequent breakfast is at Pierre Herme boutique, the infamous Ispahan Croissant. So.. good!|
|My Sadaharu Aoki breakfast, only 2 minute walk from our hotel|
Enjoy this for now and I will be back with more posts to come.
Classic New York Style Cheesecake
Adapted from Emeril Lagasse's recipe
Yield: one 9" round cheesecake (with springform pan)
Hazelnut shortbread crust -- refer to this
2.5lbs cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 lemon, zested
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 Tbs. all purpose flour
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla extract and mix until light and creamy
- Add the flour, then the eggs and yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 1.5hrs in waterbath (or until done)
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely
- Refrigerate overnight before serving