I've also been working on 12-16hr/day of work schedule every single day for the last two months or so. It is not fun at all indeed, and I haven't had sleep deprivation in so long until these past few months. I was seriously thinking of just bringing comfy sleeping bag to keep in my cube. So, forgive me for lack of updates. What makes things worse is that my mom is here for the last 3 months and I feel so bad for not spending enough time with her. She's going back to Indonesia this Saturday, and I'm determined to take one day off tomorrow from work, hopefully everything goes well and I can do that with no problem. I let myself think that this timing for crazy work schedule is "perfect" for this bad weather, because if it's all sunny and nice outside, I would be really bummed having to spend the whole day inside the office. Sad, I know, but anything to make me feel better is certainly appreciated nowadays :)
le Amour Events who organized this and BoLee Bridal Couture who hosted the event. It is surely an honor to be able to take part.
Sure there are a lot I wish I can do differently if I had more time but I couldn't be happier when I received the positive feedback, making all the sweat and the lack of sleep worth it. Many thanks to my mom and my brother who helped me out in the dawn of the night to make this happen. Wouldn't be able to do it without them.
Dessert Table Menu:
- Fromage Fraise Verrine
vanilla sponge soaked in red berry coulis - red berry gelee (raspberry & strawberry), cheese mousse
- Red Velvet Cakepops
with cream cheese frosting, dipped in white candy melts
- Silk Pudding with Passion Fruit Coulis
- White Chocolate Mango Cheesecake
with jellied cream on top and almond crust
- Raspberry and Rose Marshmallow
Now, onto the giveaway post. I have had the privilege to host CSN giveaway for three times and this is gonna be the forth time for $40 CSN Gift Certificate. I can't stress enough how generous they are providing all this wonderful giveaways and with hundreds of sites, they definitely have E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G you would ever need. I especially love this adjustable bar stools to put around the kitchen island or bar area. Oh I cannot wait to have my own place, I've always had this dream of having a real modern yet warm house with lots of windows for natural light to get in. This bar stool definitely going to make a great addition to my dream house :)
How to enter:
- Must be US or Canada resident
- Leave a comment on this post between now until Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 12am (PST)
- Winner will be drawn randomly through random.org
- No anonymous comment please. Please also enter in your email address if you disable your profile view.
- One comment per person, multiple comments are welcome but only count as one entry
White Chocolate and Mango Cheesecake
95 g almond powder
55 g graham cracker crumbs
30 g sugar
3 Tbs. butter
3 (8-oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
100 g sugar
1/2 vanilla bean seeds
5-oz white chocolate
150 g mango puree/pulp
- Prepare the almond crust: Mix all ingredients together and press it onto the bottom of 8" round springform pan. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown. Let cool while you prepared the cheesecake batter
- Prepare the cheesecake batter: With a paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese, vanilla bean seeds and sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg, one at a time. Mix well
- Melt the white chocolate and mix it into the batter
- Lastly, add the mango puree/pulp and mix well
- Pour onto the prepared crust
- Bake in waterbath at 300F for about 50-60minutes, or until the edges are set but the center is slightly jiggly when shake gently.
- Let cool and refrigerate overnight.