No-Bake Baileys Espresso Cheesecake



In a mission to use more than 1.5 L heavy cream that has been sitting on my fridge for a while before it goes bad, and also the 3-pound cream cheese I bought, no-bake cheesecake is the first thing that came to mind. There are so many variations of no-bake cheesecakes that I wanted to try, but I finally settled on this. I had a little Baileys in the fridge for quite some time and just want to use it up and be done with it. Don't get me wrong, I love Baileys, but there's not much you can do with it if you only have a little of it. Don't want to drink it either since I don't know how long it has been there :P.

There was only 30ml left when I measured it, which is exactly what the recipe called for. But I feel like there wasn't going to be enough flavor of Baileys or coffee for the amount of the cream cheese and cream. So, I decided to add a couple tablespoons of espresso, from the tiramisu leftover that I kept in a freezer for time like this, and it's proven to be very useful :).



I used a regular chocolate sponge cake for the base, and pour the cheesecake mixture on top of it. The end result is a little bit shorter that I would have expected, but it's still fine. I will adjust the recipe for next time. The swirl is made from the cheesecake mixture itself and chocolate paste, pretty simple.

I can definitely smell the espresso when I unmold it. I also tasted the crumbs, or little pieces that are stuck in the cake ring, and it was pretty tasty. I mean, you can never go wrong with Baileys and espresso combo.



I brought it to my friends' apartment after the cheesecake has set so that they can finish it, since I was planning to make another kind of no-bake cheesecake the next day, and I need the space in the fridge :).

2 comments:

Mona said...

can i have a recipe of this cake plz?

Bertha said...

Hi Mona,
sorry for the late reply. I don't know how to set the blog to send me a notification whenever there's a new comment appear.

Anyways, the recipe is from my own experimentation. I will type it up as soon as I can find the time :)