Durian Cream Cake

Durian, The King of Fruits.
Some people would say "Yummmm", and others would say "Yucckkk" everytime this fruit is mentioned.

Me? I fall into the first category. I absolutely loveee durian. Despite some people who say that it smells like baby's dirty diaper, or some other stuff, I think it smells G-R-E-A-T!!

So, here it is, Durian Cream Cake. I made this once before, but it didn't turn out that great. The chiffon cake I used was not good and the durian wasn't really that sweet and aromatic. On the other hand, the durian I bought this time was really sweet, I almost cancelled my plan making this cake and just want to eat the custardy flesh by itself :)

Although I wasn't 100% satisfied with the chiffon cake this time (different recipe), my friends said that it was really really good. They even said that the sponge cake was good before I said anything about it. More importantly, the durian cream!. It was like almost eating a plain durian (maybe I'm exaggerating a little). I only ate a small spoonfull of the cake though. My friend eved had third in one sitting. Well, he's a big guy :)

Other than this cake, I made another Durian dessert. I don't know what it's called in English. The texture is a cross between a pudding, a custard, and something else. I personally would like it even better if it's somewhat denser, so that I can bite into it, but tastewise, it's soo duriany (if this word even exists)

I got the recipe for this blog here http://keikhouse.blogspot.com/2008/02/resep-kue-duren.html
it's in Indonesian language though

No comments: