Now that we are finally both back in the US, we have been very busy with the new apartment too. We found an apartment that we love so much! It has the perfect kitchen for me, with an island! M has been living there for about a month now and I will be joining him in July after we are married. I found that wedding planning is not really my passion :), maybe because I am planning a destination wedding where internet and credit cards are not so commonly used as here. On the other hand, house decorating is exciting!
In the meantime, I will leave you with this deep-fried cassava balls recipe and I will go back to wedding planning, honeymoon planning, house decorating, and dance lesson. Can't wait till this is over :)
Deep-Fried Fermented Cassava Balls (Bola-Bola Tape)
400-450g sweet fermented cassava
1 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbs. granulated sugar
pinch of salt
- Mash the fermented cassava with the back of a fork. Set aside
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the egg and the milk a little at a time while whisking to avoid lumps
- Add the mashed cassava.
- Deep fry with medium-low heat, using two spoons to help shape the balls until golden brown.
- Make sure the inside is fully-cooked.
- Dust with powdered sugar
- Best served hot